SCRUMPTIOUS EASY STEAK AND POTATOES
Who doesn’t like a great homemade STEAK & POTATOES dish?
It is tradition that this comfort dish is to be enjoyed during dinner, but I love for breakfast. I love my heavy meals in the mornings, so I can burn the calories throughout the day.
When I made this dish, I was super elated because not only did it come out fantastic, it smelled so good. I cooked the steak at medium rare and I let it marinate for about an hour before I cooked it. If you want even more flavor, marinate it for 6 hour or overnight.
The steak that I like to use in this dish is a New York Strip Steak. The reason why is because it is thick and cooks very fast. I know you are wonder where I get my steaks from and the bets place to go is to purchase them at Butcher Box.
The Butcher Box is an online site were you can pick one of their curated boxes, or customize your own with high-quality beef, chicken, and pork. When its delivered, your meat is frozen, carefully packed in an insulated box, and shipped to your door for free. You can select how often you’d like to receive it, and you can change your mind at any time. (PURCHASE YOURS HERE)
My marinade for New York Strip Steak is the FANTASTIC with creamy mashed potatoes! The marinade was inspired by the Argentinean culture and it pairs well with a nice glass of red wine. With the mashed potatoes, I usually make them from scratch. However, this time, I made instant mashed potatoes. There are so many great brands to choose from, but if you are looking to save money, go to your local Dollar Store. The brand I used for this recipe is called, Idahoan Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes.
Here is the recipe for the steak and if you want vegan options to substitute for the steak, read below the recipe. If you want to watch step by step video, (CLICK HERE)
1. Whisk together marinade ingredients. Combine marinade and steak in a large ziplock bag. Seal and chill for 30 minutes, or up to overnight.
2. Preheat a an oiled skillet or grill to medium-high heat. Sear steak for 6-8 minutes on each side until heavily browned on the outside and slightly pink in the middle.
3. Slice steak across the grain and serve with parsley and chilli flakes on top.
**Vegan Substitutes: Watermelon Steak, Tofu Steak, Oyster Mushroom Steak, Eggplant Steak, Cauliflower Steak with the same marinade above.
1. Use Instant Potatoes to save time!
2. Read Directions on the back for your favorite brand!
3. You can find cheap ones at the Dollar Stores, Target, Walmart and more!
4. Top with parsley!
VIBRANT. DELISH & TASTY!