TASTY + REFRESHING PEACH SORBET
Let me start by saying, the humidity in Los Angles is way too much. We had a crazy week of a heatwave and there are numerous wild fires all around Los Angeles County that is making the heat worse.
Simply the combination of everything is slowly draining my energy. However, what I like to make that keeps my energy going and keeps me cool is a good sweet sorbet. If you are looking for a easy and cheap dessert to cool you down, you should try my Peach Sorbet.
Not only will it satisfy your dessert cravings, you will have so much fun making it. It only has 3 to 4 ingredients. You can use fresh, frozen or canned peaches. I recommend canned peaches because if you are on a quarantine budget, you would love to spend as less money as possible. You can find them for $1 each at any Dollar Store.
You can incorporate the syrup juice in the sorbet or choose to leave it out. I like extra sweetness, so I added it right into the mixture. If you are using fresh peaches, make sure you slices and peel them. If you are using already frozen and fresh peaches, DON’T ADD ICE TO MIXTURE. This is why I said that the recipe calls for 3 to 4 ingredients.
Check out recipe below and CLICK HERE to see step by step video.
Using Frozen OR Fresh Peaches:
1. Place peach slices in the bowl of a food processor or blender, along with sugar. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides as you go. Then follow steps 4 &5.
Using Canned Peaches:
1. Place peach slices and syrup in the bowl of a food processor or blender.
2. Pour into pan or freezer safe container and freeze for 3 hours.
3. Let it thaw out for 10 minutes. Then using an ice cream scoop, place it into food processor or blender, along with sugar. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides as you go.
4. Once smooth, add lemon juice to taste.
5. Freeze for 6-7 hours, or until firm into a freezer safe container or your deep pan. Cover with Saran Plastic Wrap.