Making a milkshake is the perfect treat any time of year! Made with ice cream, milk, chocolate sauce or your favorite add ins (like strawberries), this dessert couldn’t be easier!
For this recipe, they key ingredient is Lucky Charms Cereal. One of my favorite cereals I usually make Rice Krispies with, now I use it to make a creamy thick shake.
For presentation, I garnished the shake with a homemade soft sugar cookie with pink vanilla icing, sprinkles and Luck Charm Cereal. There are a lot of easy recipes online and if you want me to make my own, comment on this blog.
I also added vanilla frosting to the rim of the cup with cereal bites and sprinkles.
How to Make a Milkshake
Making a milkshake is honestly as simple as blending 4 ingredients! A generous portion of ice cream, a splash of milk, banana and some flavoring. In this recipe the flavoring will be the Lucky Charms Cereal.
The best ice cream is to use is full cream, full-fat ice cream because that’s where the flavor is! It is thicker, richer, and holds up better in the blender and when mixed with other ingredients because it has more air whipped into it.
How to Make Thick Milkshakes
There is nothing better than a good thick milkshake…otherwise, it’s really just vanilla milk, isn’t it? To make a thick and creamy milkshake every time follow these simple tips.
- Start by using real ice cream (and choose full-fat or Keto)
- Add just enough milk to blend until smooth. I like planet based milk or almond milk.
- For an even thicker shake, substitute real heavy whipping cream for milk or simply add a frozen banana.
Make sure you’re ready to serve before getting started or assembling the ingredients. Once blended milkshakes start to melt quickly. You can also put your milkshake glasses in the freezer to get chilled which will help to keep the ice cream frozen a bit longer!
Any local Dollar Store will have cute mason jars you can put the milkshake in.
- 4 Scoops of Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1/2 Cup of Milk
- 1/2 Cup of Luck Charms Cereal
- 1 Frozen Banana
- Homemade Sugar Cookie optional for garnish
- Canned Whipped Cream
- Add the ice cream, milk, banana, and cereal to your blender. Pulse until mostly smooth.
- Serve in large glasses with whipped cream top and or garnish with a sugar cookie on the side .