These sugar-free and gluten-free waffles are only 2.5g net carbs and made with coconut flour, not almond flour. You can use almond flour if you like.
They can be frozen and are made with simple pantry ingredients. Which makes it perfect meal prepping recipe that’s Keto and convenient.
If you want to use Cannabis infused butter, you can add about 1/2 tbsp that to this recipe! Just be mindful of the portions you consume.
Each low-carb waffle is simply an egg, coconut flour and some butter. In addition, there are a few other ingredients to make them rise and scrumptious.
Believe it or not, you can find coconut flour at your local Dollar Store and all the rest of the ingredients in this recipe.
The recipe below makes life simple and easy when you are catering for both vanilla, matcha, chocolate waffle lovers.
To make the matcha waffles, simply add 2 tbsp of matcha powder to the recipe below. Same goes For the chocolate waffles, add 2 tbsp of cocoa powder to the basic waffle recipe.
Devour these waffles with sugar free maple flavor syrup, fresh fruits, or any low carb dessert sauce.
HOW TO FREEZE KETO WAFFLES
These healthy waffles can be frozen in between sheets of baking paper/parchment, in an airtight container. If you don’t have that, a freezer safe Ziploc bag works well.
When bringing it out of the freezer, remove and pop them in the toaster to reheat or place them in a microwave them.
DO YOU NEED A WAFFLE MAKER?
These keto waffles can me used in so many ways. These waffles can be made in the waffle maker, or if you don’t have one, can be cooked in the frying pan, to make pancakes and crepes.
Best part, if you don’t have low carb bread, you can use the keto waffles as your sandwich bread. Amazing right?
You can even use to make a low carb ice cream sandwich.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Net Carbs: 2.5
- 5 eggs medium; separated
- 4 tbsp granulated low carb sweetener
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 9 tbsp butter melted
- 3 tbsp full fat milk or cream
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg whites until firm and form stiff peaks.
- In another medium bowl, mix the egg yolks, coconut flour, sweetener, and baking powder.
- Add slowly the melted butter, mixing to ensure it is a smooth consistency.
- Add the milk and vanilla, mix to combine.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold spoons of the whisked egg whites into the yolk mixture.
Note: Try to keep as much of the air and fluffiness as possible.
- Place enough of the waffle mixture into the warm waffle maker to make one waffle. (About 1/3 cup) Cook until golden.
- Repeat until all the mixture has been used.