Despite being one of the easiest and cheapest desserts to make, chocolate covered strawberries are one of those elegant, tastiest desserts that everyone loves.
Valentine’s Day is around the corner and if you don’t make this for yourself, you can make it for someone else.
In addition, these chocolate covered strawberries are beautiful and vibrant looking, and making them will change your life. One batch of chocolate covered strawberries only takes about 20 minutes to make!
In addition, they are very inexpensive to make vs buying them already made. You can find all ingredients at your local 99 cent Store.
Also, you can find the heart shaped display boards at your local Dollar Tree!
- Chopped Nuts (peanuts, almonds, cashews pistachios, pecans, etc.)
- Toasted coconut
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Crushed cookies (oreos, wafers, etc.)
- Crushed candy canes (peppermint, crunch bar, M&M’s, etc.)
1 container (8 Oz) semisweet chocolate melts
1 container (8 Oz) white chocolate melts
1 pound strawberries with stems (about 20), washed and dried very well
1. Melt the chocolates in the containers at 30 intervals or until completely melted.
2. Once the chocolates are melted and smooth, set aside.
3. Wash strawberries and pat dry.
4. Line a sheet pan with parchment or waxed paper.
5. Holding the strawberry by the stem, dip it into the what chocolate you want to use first , lift and twist slightly, letting any excess chocolate fall back into the bowl.
6. Set strawberries on the parchment paper. At least an inch apart.
7. Repeat with the rest of the strawberries.
8. To create the drizzle design, dip a fork in the white chocolate or dark and drizzle over the dipped strawberries.
9. Set the strawberries aside until the chocolate sets, about 30 minutes.
10. Store left over chocolate in their container in a dry room. Reheat when ready to use again.
Note: See other designs techniques below.