Whenever I have left over cranberries from a previous dessert recipe, I don’t let them go to waste. I always try to fine a way to use them in another recipe. This time, I decided to make Sugar Free Dried Cranberries. I want to make Starbucks famous Cranberry Bliss Bars. Just thinking about them makes me go crazy!
Of course, they have to be low carb, so I can devour without guilt. This recipe for dried cranberries takes a lot of patience and time. You can make this at home with your favorite low carb sweetener. In addition, you can make them in the oven or in a dehydrator.
Sugar free dried cranberries is not easy to find this popular snack without huge amounts of added sugar. Even ones that claim no added sugar use things like apple juice to sweeten them.
Whole Cranberries can be found at your local Dollar Store or grocery store, ranging from $1-$3, for a 12oz pack. I found mines at the 99 cent store. Great Deal!
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 3 hrs
Total Time: 3 hrs 15 mins
- 1 12 oz package fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener (more if you like them sweeter)
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil**
**Note: Great substitutes for Olive Oil is Avocado Oil, Coconut Oil, and Grape-seed Oil.
- Preheat oven to 200F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut cranberries in half and toss in a bowl with sweetener and oil.
- Spread on prepared baking pan and separate each individual berry as best you can.
- Place baking sheet in oven and let dry, 3 hours or longer.
- Remove, let cool and transfer to an airtight container. Store in refrigerator.