There is something about a great recipe hack that makes me smile from ear to ear. One of my favorite hacks is using Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix to make Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread Muffins. They are easy, quick to make and very inexpensive.
If you every tried cornbread, the texture should be very fluffy and moist. If you haven’t had a muffin like this, then you need to make this recipe to see what it’s suppose to taste like. Nobody likes a dry muffin, trust me.
What is Corn Bread and where did it originate from?
Cornbread, an American Indian food, is now an American staple.
According to an article from Ocala, “Cornbread is probably one of America’s oldest foods. American Indians learned early on to dry or roast corn and grind it into a meal for making bread, cakes and porridge. Cornmeal, introduced to the first settlers by the American Indians, was precious, as it helped those colonists survive the harsh first years.”Read More
What can you enjoy Cornbread with?
You can enjoy Cornbread with pretty much any food or toppings you can thing of. Some great examples on what I enjoy with my muffins are…
- Jalapeños – perfect partner for cornbread and that’s why it’s in this recipe
- Cheese– another perfect partner for this recipe
- Apples and Onions
- Ice Creams
There is so much more…….
What Ingredients are needed?
You will need is…..
•Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
•Milk– Any type you like. I used unsweetened Almond Milk.
•Cheddar Cheese– I used sharped Cheddar Cheese.
•Jalapeño Peppers- Don’t use pickled Jalapeños in this recipe, use raw peppers. Using the pickled version has too much moisture and will ruin the batter.
All ingredients are very inexpensive and can be found at your local dollar store or local grocery store.
Let’s get to baking……
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Resting Time: 4 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 24 minutes
Yield: 6 – 8 muffins (Depending on size)
[With my recipe, it came out as 5]
1 Box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup diced jalapeño peppers
1 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat Oven at 400F
2. Line Muffin Pan with baking cups or grease with butter. You can use a Muffin Pan or 8 x 8 Pan.
3. In a medium bowl, combine Corn Muffin Mix, egg, and milk. Using a spatula, fold all ingredients until well combined.
4. Then add diced jalapeño peppers and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Fold until combined.
5. Using an Ice Cream Scoop or spoon, scoop mix into baking cups, leaving a little room on top. Please don’t over fill. (About 2/3 full)
6. With remaining cheddar cheese, sprinkle on top of muffins. Let the batter sit for 3-4 minutes to get maximum crown on muffins
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
*Note: If you bake it in a 8×8 pan, baking time will be 20-25 minutes.
Check out step by step instructions below.