Since I wasn’t able to attend the Touch of Disneyland this year, I wanted to recreate one of their desserts. The treat that grabbed my attention was the Fluffernutter Churro.
This beauty, as seen below, has cinnamon-sugar churros topped with peanut butter sauce, marshmallow sauce, and chocolate chips.
Since Disneyland will be officially back open April 30th, you can find this treat at Disney California Adventure. These churros will located at Willie’s Churro Cart as you enter Grizzly Peak.
What do you need?
All you need is peanut butter, marshmallow cream, cinnamon sugar, mini chocolate chips and churros.
Churros can store-bought frozen or you can purchase them at a fast food restaurant. I have a thing for El Pollo Loco Churros, so I went there. They are 2 for $1.50 in South Los Angeles.
You can find all other ingredients at you local dollar store or you may already have them in your pantry.
Let’s get to the recipe….
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes [depending if they are bought frozen]
Total Time: 10 minutes
- Frozen/restaurant bought churros
- Cinnamon Sugar Mixture [comes in frozen box]
- 1 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup marshmallow cream
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1. If you are buying frozen churro, read directions on box for heating instructions. If you bought them from a restaurant, skip that step. Just make sure they are warm and if not heating in microwave for 20 seconds.
2. Remove and immediately sprinkle with a couple teaspoons of the cinnamon sugar mixture. It comes in box if you bought them frozen. If you got them from a restaurant, they should be already dusted. If you want more, add cinnamon + sugar in small box. Then mix to combine and sprinkle on top.
3. Place churros onto a serving plate. Warm peanut butter in a heat proof bowl for about 30-45 seconds. Stir until smooth then using a small spoon, drizzle peanut butter over churros.
4. For marshmallow cream, spray a heat proof bowl with cooking spray and spoon cream into bowl. Microwave for about 30 seconds. Spray spoon with cooking spray and stir cream until smooth. Then using a small spoon, drizzle cream over churros.
5. Top with mini chocolate chips and serve warm.