You may be surprised to see pineapple in a Keto diet recipe. If you’re counting your carbohydrates, you can eat pineapple or other fruits in small amounts.
It’s not worth buying a whole pineapple for, but adding some chopped canned pineapple to a sauce or desserts will add lots of flavor you can appreciate with minimal carbs.
Eating in moderation is key when eating fruits on Keto! I been telling people this and some don’t believe me! In that said, that why I made these cute tasty Low Carb Pineapple Sugars Cookies with White Chocolate Green Leaves.
Now for this recipe, I used fresh pineapples because I had leftovers. If you choose to buy a whole pineapple, place any leftover in the freezer for later use. Now, you can use canned pineapples for this recipe. See further instructions towards the end.
What do they taste like?
The taste of these cookies just pop from the very beginning, being super creamy leading to a long lasting sweet pineapple finish! In addition, the white chocolate green leaves, gives added texture and sweetness.
Net Carb/Cookie Approx 3 g
Calories: 150 cal
Note: This is approximate amounts. It varies depending on what brand of ingredients you use.
Let’s get started…
Prepping Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 18 minutes
Cooling Time: 10 minutes
Total Time 40 Minutes
Yields: 12 circular cookies or 6 flower cookies
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Pineapples*
- 2 tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp Swerve Granulated Sugar**
- 1 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup Swerve Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 Cup Salted Butter
Optional Garnish: White Chocolate Green Leaves
• 1/4 cup Sugar- Free White Chocolate Chips
• Green Food Coloring or Gel
**Note: You can use your choice of low carb, sugar-free sweetener.
*You can use canned pineapple chunks, but makes sure you remove any additional liquid.
1) Preheat oven to 325F.
4) In the meantime, melt butter in a small bowl in the microwave (about 45-60 seconds).
5) Use a large mixing bowl to combine Almond Flour, 1/4 cup sweetener, egg, melted butter. Mix well for about 1 minute with a hand or stand mixer.
Note: Make sure melted butter is at room temperature when pouring otherwise it will ‘cook’ the batter.
6) Using a rolling pin, roll out dough on on two layers of parchment paper; about a 1/4 thick. one on top and one on the bottom.
7) Using your flower cookie cutter, press down on the dough to create the shape. Repeat until there is no dough remaining.
Note: If you don’t want to make flower cuts, you can make dough balls.
Roll the dough into 1 inch size balls and place on a a piece of parchment paper.
Press down the dough balls using your palm of your hand to roughly 1/4 inch thickness. With your thumb, make an imprint and press about 3/4 the way down.
9) Transfer sauce to a small stovetop pot and cook on medium heat until boiling, then turn down to low, stirring often until sauce thickens. Roughly 4-5 minutes and then remove from heat.
10) Fill each cookies with about 1/2 tsp of pineapple sauce in the center.
Note: I recommend slightly overfilling just enough to create a mound but not over-spilling. The cookie will expand as it bakes, so the center will as well. Slightly overfilling will compensate for this.
11) Bake for 16-20 minutes or until bottom edges start to slightly brown. When done, wait at least 10 minutes for cookie to cool down prior to handling.
Note: If you don’t like the thought of hot pineapples, bake the cookies first, wait to they completely cool down and add pineapple mixtures on top!
White Chocolate Green Leaves (optional)
12) Microwave the white chocolate for 30 seconds (or 20 seconds if at a high temperature) then take the bowl out and give it a stir.
13) Place the bowl back in the microwave and repeat the process of cooking for 30 seconds, stopping, stirring and returning to the microwave until the chocolate has melted.
14) Add a few drops of green food coloring or gel; depending on the darkness desired. Mix until combined.
15) Add 1/2 tsp of chocolate in each leaf mold. Spread evenly with rubber spatula. Scrap clean with the back of a knife or a scrapper.
16) Place in fridge until chocolate sets. Gently remove leaves.
17) Once cookies completely cool down, add two leaves to every flower cookie. Please a dab of chocolate on each leave to bind to the back of each cookie.