The Bourbon Peach Smash is such an easy cocktail to make, which is fitting for the relaxed feel of Summer or Fall. Did I mention that I a huge fan of Peaches? Yes!
What is a smash cocktail?
A smash cocktail typically contains a seasonal fruit and/or herb, muddled with sugar or simple syrup, shaken with a spirit like bourbon or whiskey, strained, and served over plenty of ice.
Oftentimes, the smash is mixed or finished with water or a splash of something fizzy, like seltzer or ginger beer or ale. I love ginger ale the most!
Also, the smash cocktail is icy, refreshing, and great for highlighting seasonal fruits, like blackberries, strawberries, cherries and peaches.
What do you need to make a Bourbon Rosemary Peach Smash?
Tool-wise, all you need is a shaker with a strainer, a muddler, and a rocks glass. If you don’t have any of those fancy tools, I provided to methods in the directions below.
You also need simple syrup, which is a 1:1 ratio of sugar and hot water, stirred until dissolved and cooled. It’s as easy to make as it sounds, and it keeps in the refrigerator for about a month. You can also find it at your local grocery store.
Lastly, you will need fresh Rosemary. I got my fresh Rosemary Plant from Plants.com. They are so convenient and delivery right to your door.
Is there a non-alcoholic version?
Yes. Leave out bourbon and simple syrup. Muddle the peaches and rosemary leaves with 1-1/2 ounces of peach juice and 1/2 ounce of lemon juice. Strain over ice, and top with ginger beer or ginger ale. Add simple syrup only to taste.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 5 Minutes
Yields: 2 Cocktails
Let’s get started.
- 1 to 2 ounce simple syrup
- 1 large peach , diced (about 1 cup)
- 3-4 large rosemary stems
- 4 ounces bourbon
- Splash ginger ale or seltzer water, chilled
- Fresh Rosemary stems and peach slices, for garnish
- Add peaches, rosemary leaves (picked), and simple syrup to the bottom of a cocktail shaker. Gently muddle to release the peach juices and rosemary oils.
- Add bourbon, fill the shaker with ice, and shake until well-chilled. Strain into a rocks glass filled with fresh ice.
- Top with ginger ale or seltzer water. Garnish with fresh rosemary stems and a peach slice.
1. Add peaches, rosemary leaves (picked) , and simple syrup to the bottom of a wooden mortar. Gently muddle to release the peach juices and rosemary oils.
2. In a small bowl, sift the peach mixture using a spoon to gently press through the sifter. See images below.
3. Add the bourbon to liquid peach mixture and mix to combine with spoon.
4. Fill glasses with ice and pour mixture on top.
5. Top with ginger ale or seltzer water. Garnish with fresh rosemary stems and a peach slice.