OMG! Valentine’s Day is coming up and I have a new exciting, tasty recipe just for you! I made scrumptious Pistachio Cupcakes and I added a touch of V-Day decor!
My recipe is denser that normal cupcakes because I added my secrets ingredient aka sour cream + almond milk. It makes the cupcakes richer and when you bite into it, you will fall in love.
If you want a light cupcake, instead of the sour cream + almond milk, just added 1 cup of whole milk.
Why I love Pistachio Flour?
Earthy, Rich, Nutty
Pistachio Flour is a delicious and healthy way to add a rich, nutty flavor into your recipes. The batches of raw pistachios have an ultra-fine, uniform consistency that requires no sifting! In addition, it is perfect for low-carb diets and as a wheat or rye flour alternative, our pistachio flour is a must-have for desserts, baked goods, savory dishes, and more.
Lastly, Pistachio nuts are one of the lowest in calories for nuts and lower in carbs – great taste boost in a healthier package.
By the way, you can make this recipe Keto Friendly. All you have to do is substitute the sugar for sugar-free Swerve or Monkfruit, and substitute the all purpose flour for 1 cup almond flour + 1/4 cup coconut flour. THAT EASY!
Fondant Roses? Green Leaves?
Roses: I learned to make these gorgeous Roses on YouTube. There are so many great easy videos to learn step by step. I will be adding a step by step video on my Instagram, so be on the look out.!
Update 2/1: Here is the Reel for the step by step video.
Step by step pictures…..
Green Leaves: I made these leaves using white chocolate melts, leave mold and green food coloring. Step by step video here
Let’s get started…..
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Yields: 12 Cupcakes
- 1¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup Pistachio Flour
- 5 tbsp butter, room temperature
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1¼ tsp almond extract or pistachio extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- Chocolate Green Leaves
- Red Fondant Roses
- 1/4 cup Crushed Pistachio Nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line a standard muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift the all purpose flour, salt, and baking powder. Stir in Pistachio Flour and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer or stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and mix to combine
- Add Vanilla and Almond or Pistachio Extract. Mix to combine
- Alternate adding the dry ingredients, the milk and sour cream, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Mix and using a rubber spatula, scrape the bowl until the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop or a tablespoon measurement ( 2 1/2 tbsp), place a rounded scoop into the lined muffin tin.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the top of the cupcake is firm and the edges are beginning to brown.
- Let cool completely before frosting.
11. After the cupcakes cool, frost cupcakes in any way you desire, then add garnishes on top. Garnishes are all optional.
Did you make this?
Tag me on Instagram @eatwhateveryouwant and hashtag #eatwhateveryouwant
One Comment Add yours
those look beautiful and i bet they are delicious too! mmm