One of my favorite dishes from Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge is Batuuan Beef Pot Roast. After I devour it, I knew I had to recreated and make it my own. The original dish has braised beef pot roast, cavatelli pasta, wilted kale, mushrooms, rainbow carrots + crunchy panko bread crumbs.
I really wasn’t a fan of the pasta texture, so I decided to switch that out with another type of pasta. Then I add some more vibrant fresh vegetables to this dish. Lastly, I did not have time to braise beef, so I decided to use a make rich and flavorful sirloin steak.
By the way, it took me four months to get this recipe to the way that I liked it. It has a similar taste to the original, but of course way more flavor. Also, one thing I like about this recipe is that there is no sauce needed.
Let’s get started…..
•Beef Strip Lion Steak 10oz
•1 tbsp Dark Roast Ground Coffee
•1 tsp Salt
•2 tbsp Paprika
•2 tsp Ground Ginger
•1 tbsp Cajun Seasoning
•1 tbsp Golden Brown Sugar
1 tbsp Sun Flower Oil
•1 tbsp butter
12oz -16 oz Whole Grain Rotini or Cavatelli Pasta
•1 medium Red Bell Pepper, sliced thin
•1 medium Yellow Pepper, sliced thin
•1 large carrot; sliced thin
•1 package (5 Oz) Shiitake Mushrooms, chopped and sliced
•1 1/2 cup Spinach or Kale, chopped and de-steamed
•1 tbsp Sun Flower Oil
•1 tbsp butter
•1/4 cup of Panko Pork Crumbs or Bread Crumbs
•1/4 cup of Parmesan Cheese
1. Cook pasta according to directions of the package. Set aside.
1. Combine all steak seasonings in a small bowl. Mix to well combined.
2. Place steak on flat plate or wooden cutting board. Completely coated room-temperature steak with the mixture, making sure to get the sides. Pat down with cleans hands or gloves to insure that it’s sticks to the meat.
3. Place the steak in the fridge for about 20-30 minutes. Note: If you want more flavor, let it marinate over night or 3 to 6 hours.
4. After the time is done, on medium-high heat, in a cast iron or non- stick pan, add sunflower oil and butter. Let it melt.
5. Add steak and let it cook on each side for 4-5 minutes. This is for medium-rare. This includes the sides. Note: Use a Tongue to hold steak in place for the sides.
6. Place steak on wire rack with tray underneath to rest for 10 minutes.
7. Cut against the grain to cut steak into thick slices.
1. On medium-high heat, in the same pan, (no need to clean) add all chopped veggies.
2. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add more butter and sunflower oil if needed.
3. Using a rubber spatula, mix veggies until they are tender and soft. Mixing the whole time. About 3-5 minutes.
4. Remove from heat. Add Veggies on top of your pasta when you plate or mix the pasta in the pan with spatula.
5. Add steak slices on top when you plate or the pasta mixture.
1. Mix Crumbs and Parmesan in a small bowl.
2. Sprinkle mixture on top of the steak and enjoy. No sauce needed.
Did you make this?
Tag me on Instagram @eatwhateveryouwant and hashtag #eatwhateveryouwant