If you are not a fan of mangos, this recipes is not for you. Mangos are life! My recipes brings a combination of great flavors all in one dessert.
The Mango Jam is made two ways; one will all mangos and the other features peaches and apricots. The sugar cookie is soft and fluffy, and works well with the jam.
Note: The mango jam lasts 2-3 weeks in the fridge in an airtight mason jar and up to 3 months in the freezer.
Let’s get started….
Yields: 1 cup
Tropical Mango Jam**
- 1 1/2 cups chopped ripe mango
- 1/4 cup chopped peaches
- 1/4 cup chopped apricots
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
** Note: If you want to do only mango, use 2 cups.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature or Sunflower Spread
- 1 cup white or pure cane sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or sea salt
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
1. In a saucepan, add chopped ingredients and sugar. Cook on medium heat while mashing the mango until you get a thick jam-like consistency for 15-20 minutes.
2. Stir in the lime juice and cook for another 5 minutes.
3. Let the jam cool completely before transferring to a jar. The jam will continue to thicken over the next 24-48 hours.
- Using a stand mixer fixed with the paddle attachment, beat the butter or spread and sugar together until just combined. Add in the egg, and vanilla extract and beat well.
- Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the sides of the bowl. Then add the salt and flour, beating for about 1 minute.
- Using your cleans hands, form a flat, oval disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch size balls and place on a a piece of parchment paper.
- Press down the dough balls using your palm of your hand to roughly 1/4 inch thickness. With your thumb or tsp measurement, make an imprint and press about 3/4 the way down.
- Depending on the size of your cookies, bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until the edges are just golden brown. It totally depends on the size of your cookies–for mini cookies usually about 8 minutes, for medium size about 10 and for larger cookies about 12. For me 10 minutes worked perfectly.
- Allow cookies to cool before transferring to a wire rack. Allow to cool completely before adding jam in center.
- Top with mango pieces, lime slice and mint leaf; optional.
Did you make this?
Tag me on Instagram @eatwhateveryouwant and hashtag #eatwhateveryouwant