These Blueberry Lemony Cookies are a soft, thick chewy and will leave you wanting more. They are full of fresh lemon flavor and uses frozen blueberries. Best part is that you do not need any mixer.
Did I mention, it’s topped with Vanilla Butter Cream Frosting and fresh blueberries? I know right, it’s awesome!
You can eat the cookies without the extra toppings, if you choose to be lame. Jk. It’s up to you!
ROOM TEMPERATURE DAIRY PRODUCTS
Pull out eggs 2 hours before baking. It’s important because temperature eggs blend more evenly in batters and help the dough rise more easily than cold eggs straight out of the fridge. Also when at room temperature, butter, and other dairy ingredients form an emulsion which traps air.
After baking these cookies can be frozen, store in freezer safe bag and freeze up to 30 days. Thaw for 1-2 hours before eating. Note, if you are going to freeze make sure you freeze them without the fresh fruit on top.
The cookie dough balls can be frozen. Wrap the cookie dough balls in plastic wrap. Freeze up to 30 days. Make sure you thaw them half way before baking and to reduce the temp 20-25 degrees and add about 2-3 minutes to baking time. I recommend freezing the dough before hand because the dough gets really wet with the frozen blueberries. If you don’t have time, you can bake straight after mixing all ingredients after just be aware that the dough will be wet and lightly hard to scoop properly into balls. (Read more in the directions***)
Let’s get started……
Yields: 12 large Cookies or 24 small cookies
- 3 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 cup Frozen Blueberries
- ½ teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Large egg; room temperature
- 1 Egg yolk; room temperature
- 1 ¼ cup Morena Pure Cane Sugar
- ¼ cup Golden Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Unsalted butter melted; slightly cooled
- 1 Zest of Lemon (large)
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice; fresh
Vanilla Butter Cream Frosting (optional)
Fresh Blueberries + Black Berries (optional)
1. Melt the butter in the microwave. Pour in a large mixing bowl and let cool for 15 minutes.
2. In a medium separate bowl, sift the flour. Add in baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Note- Make sure flour is spooned and leveled or use a kitchen scale.
3. Using the bowl with the butter, add in the sugar and brown sugar. Mix in lemon zest, lemon juice, egg, and egg yolk.
4. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Using a rubber spatula, fold and mix until to combined.
5. Add in the frozen blueberries and fold them in smoothly and softly. Note: Don’t over mix. Three to four folds should be enough.
6. Place dough in freezer for 6 hours or overnight. Next morning thaw in refrigerator until dough is manageable to scoop.***
7. Preheat oven at 330°F. Prepare two cookie sheets with parchment papers.
8. Use a large 3oz cookie scoop and scoop six cookie dough balls per cookie sheet. Note: You can added a few frozen blueberries on top of your scoop doesn’t have blueberries in them.
9. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Note: Bake one cookie sheet at a time and until the edges are golden brown.
10. Before adding any toppings and fruit, let the cookie cool on the cookie sheet for about 10-15 minutes. After, move them to a cooling rack and cool completely for about another 20 minutes. Note: To make them cool, faster placed them in the fridge for about 10 minutes if you would like to frost them after…
11. At this point when the cookies are cooled completely, you can eat and enjoy. Follow the instructions for freezing if there are any leftovers.
12. If you want to frost them, add about 2 tablespoons of frosting on top, in any pattern you like. If you want them too look like mines, add fresh blueberries, black berries and green chocolate leaves on top. Enjoy.
Did you make this?
Tag me on Instagram @eatwhateveryouwant and hashtag #eatwhateveryouwant