When I think of Fall, my taste buds like any treat that has Pecans. I was able to make Chocolate Butter Pecan Caramel Cups with Amoretti Natural Butter Pecan Artisan Flavor.
Get 10% off your order with code NKECHI10 on their site!
I used this perfectly sweet, nutty and rich flavor in my homemade Butter Pecan Caramel as you see in the Reel.
These Chocolate treats are then sprinkled with sea salt that adds extra yumminess!
Let’s get started….
Yields: 12 Chocolate Cups
Yields: 1 1/4 Caramel
|| Butter Pecan Carmel ||
1 cup White Granulated Sugar
1/4 cup Water
1/2 cup Evaporated Milk
6 tablespoons Unsalted Butter; cut into pieces
1 tablespoon Amoretti Natural Butter Pecan Artisan Flavor
Pinch of Salt
9 ounces dark chocolate
1 tablespoon coconut oil
24 teaspoons Butter Pecan Caramel
12 pecans, raw halves
Sea salt, optional for topping
|| Rum Caramel ||
1. Add the sugar and water to a 3-quart heavy bottomed saucepan. Then using a rubber spatula to stir a little, so it sits in an even layer.
2. Over medium heat, and cook until the sugar dissolves. Then it should start turning clear, and starts to bubble.
3. During this time, simply allow to bubble, swirl the saucepan occasionally. Using the rubber spatula, brush down the sides of the pan, to prevent any built up of crystals.
4. Continue swirling. The mixture will thicken and turns a deep amber color, which takes anywhere from 8-12 minutes.
5. Then gradually add the butter and whisk until completely melted.
6. After whisking to combine, remove the saucepan from the heat. Gradually pour in the cream, whisking until all of the cream has been combined.
7. Then whisk in the Amoretti Natural Butter Pecan Artisan Flavor and salt.
8. Set aside to cool on a heat proof counter top in the sauce pan for 10 minutes.
9. Then pour into a lidded mason glass jar and allow to cool completely. Cool with the lid off
|| Chocolate Cups ||
1. Prep twelve paper liners set it a mini muffin tin.
2. In a small microwaveable bowl, melt chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave in 30 seconds increments, and stir to combine.
3. Using a small spoon, add 1 -2 teaspoon chocolate to each liner. Use the back of the spoon to evenly coat the sides. Then gently tap pan on flame surface to cover the bottom of the mold evenly. Place in in fridge for 5 minutes, or until set.
4. Remove from the fridge and place one pecan in each cup. Then add about 2 teaspoons of Butter Pecan Caramel to each and the about 2 teaspoons of the remaining chocolate.
5. Sprinkle top with rocky sea salt. Place in fridge again for 8 minutes until completely set.
Did you make this?
Tag me on Instagram @eatwhateveryouwant and hashtag #eatwhateveryouwant