I love anything chocolate and I love peanut butter. So these bars are so perfect! Nice and thick and full of chocolate peanut buttery flavor!
Why I love these?
This recipe is easy to make because it only requires the crust to be baked. The other layers just need to be chilled in the fridge. It comes together nicely and this recipe adds just enough chocolate to the peanut butter to make them awesome.
In addition, I love adding a peanut butter drizzle on top for that extra goodness. The taste is like an elevated Reese’s Bar!
Head Up on Ingredients:
- Butter: I used salted butter in this recipe, but if you only have unsalted butter, add a pinch of salt to the peanut butter mixture in the directions below.
- Peanut butter: I use store-bought peanut butter for this recipe, like Jif. You can use other types of peanut butter brands or even Almond Butter, or Cashew butter is you like!
- Chocolate: I use semi-sweet chocolate chips, but you can use milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate or event no sugar chocolate. It all works in this recipe.
- Crust: You can use Graham Crackers or Oreos for the crust. If you want to go the low carb way, you can substitute for Almond Flour or Coconut Flour.
- Egg White: For this recipe the egg white is optional. If you opt of of this, this makes it a no bake recipe and the taste is still the same. Awesome right? See directions below.
PREP TIME: 12 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 14 MINUTES
COOLING TIME: 3 HOURS
TOTAL TIME: 3 HRS 26 MINUTES
• 2 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate
• 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
• 1/2 Cup Salted Butter; melted
• 1 Cup Chocolate Graham Crackers; crumbled
• 2 Tablespoon Granulated Sugar
•1 Egg White (optional)
• 1/4 Cup Peanut Butter
Peanut Butter Filling:
• 1 Cup of Peanut Butter
• 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
• 1/2 Cup Salted Butter; softened
• 4 Teaspoons Milk
Peanut Butter Drizzle (optional):
• 1/4 Cup Peanut Butter; melted
1. Preheat oven at 375F.
2. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with a parchment paper for easy cleanup and coat with nonstick spray. (Butter or Coconut spray works)
3. Crust: In medium bowl, whisk melted butter, peanut butter, Chocolate Graham Cracker crumbs, egg white and sugar until smooth. Mix well and press into prepared pan.
4. Bake for 375F for 11-14 minutes, set aside until cool. Note: If you opt out of using the egg whites, there is no need to bake, you can just place finished crust in the freezer until firm. This makes it a no bake recipe! Awesome!
5. Peanut Butter Filling: In medium mixing bowl, add powdered sugar, peanut butter and softened butter. Using a stand mixer or hand mixer with whisk attachment, beat on medium to high speed until fluffy.
6. Add milk, about a teaspoon at a time and beat to combine. Add filling in the center of the crust and using a rubber spatula, evenly spread over crust. (See step by step picture above). Place in the fridge until chocolate topping is done.
7. Chocolate Topping: In a small, microwave-safe bowl, add chocolate chips and peanut butter for 1 minute; interval of 30 seconds. Do this until smooth. (See step by step picture above) Pour over peanut butter layer and spread evenly.
8. Peanut Butter Drizzle: Add peanut butter in a small bowl and microwave for about 30 seconds or until smooth. Using a spoon, drizzle the bars with a zig zag pattern.
9. Chill in the fright until completely firm, at least 3 hours or overnight. Let stand 10 minutes at room temperature before cutting or serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.