The BEST Pumpkin Mini Loaf Cakes are here! They’re perfectly pumpkin-y, deliciously rich and buttery, and they are finished with heavenly vanilla cream cheese frosting. This is going to be a truly a fall staple for you every year!
A simple treat that makes enough for a small crowd or dessert you can enjoy throughout the busy week. These pumpkin mini loaf cakes are one of my favorite things to make this time of year!
What do they taste like?
They have just the right level of sweetness. I use a combo of caramel-like brown sugar and granulated sugar. Then of course powdered sugar for the frosting.
And you’ll find they have plenty enough spice and pumpkin flavor. I’m a fan of pumpkin recipes that try to use a good amount of pumpkin for a chewy texture. By the way, I’m pumpkin obsessed this Fall!
How to Store
- Store in an airtight container, or with a baking sheet lid over them.
- Store in a single layer – unless frosting has been chilled and set. If is has you’d want to store with parchment paper between layers.
- Keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Freeze up to 3 months.
Let’s get started
Prep Time: 13 minutes
Cook Time: 13 minutes
Cooling Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 26 minutes
Yields: 6 mini loaf cakes
- 1 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 0.38 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 0.13 tsp ground ginger
- 0.06 tsp ground cloves
- 0.5 cup unsalted butter, diced into 1 Tbsp pieces
- 0.5 cup packed (200 g) light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 (7.5 oz) canned pumpkin purée
- 1 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Optional Garnish: Pumpkin Seeds
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1.5 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven, prepare loaf pan: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix dry ingredients: In a medium mixing bowl sift the flour than whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. Set aside.
- Melt butter: Place butter in a large microwave safe mixing bowl. Heat in microwave until melted. Let it cool slightly.
- Add sugars + wet ingredients: Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, pumpkin puree, eggs and vanilla extract to melted butter then whisk until well combined.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients: Pour flour mixture in with wet ingredients and fold and stir mixture with a rubber spatula until combined.
- Spread into pan: Pour and spread mixture into prepared baking sheet using an offset spatula or small knife.
- Bake until just set: Bake in preheated oven until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 22 to 25 minutes.
- Cool: Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Mix frosting ingredients: Add cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl.
- Using an electric hand mixer blend on low speed until combined, then increase speed to high and whip until light and fluffy about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Frost pumpkin mini loaf cakes: Spread frosting over cooled cakes, with offset spatula. Or you place frosting in pipe bag/ Ziploc bag and frost in zigzag pattern. Add pumpkin seeds on top for optional garnish.